A a highly respected qualification, perfect for individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines.
This high-level online course is the perfect way to advance your wine knowledge. Ideal for the dedicated wine enthusiast and those who need to make informed decisions or recommendations about wine for work.
This nine-week online program will develop to a high-level your ability to describe wines accurately, and give you a thorough understanding of the factors that account for the style, quality and price of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world. The course will open your eyes to new wines and offer you the opportunity to discover an extensive range of styles from across the globe.
This program covers the same syllabus as the in-classroom course, but the online format makes it more flexible for you. The course takes about 90 hours in total to complete. You will have access to the WSET student platform after you complete your registration process.
Certified Vitis House Educators will also share their support and our great mock up exams to prepare you for the exam day.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn to taste and describe wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- Learn about the principal natural factors in the vineyard and how they influence the style, quality and price of wine.
- Learn about the principal human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the style, quality and price of wine.
- Learn about the natural and human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the still wines of Europe.
- Learn about the natural and human factors in the vineyard and winery and how they influence the wines of the USA, Canada, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- Learn about the methods of production and the main styles of sparkling wines from the key wine producing countries.
Participation in the course online activities is essential. Students should taste a range of wines during the course. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the WSET® specifications.
You pick the date when want to start! From anywhere you want! Just enroll, then you’ll receive an email with everything you need to join the live webinar. Then start! Email us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access and participation in the course online activities is essential. Students should taste a range of wines during the course. A list of recommended tasting samples can be found in the WSET® specifications.
You must hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines, or be able to demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. Price includes the WSET® Level 3 online access, class, Vitis House mock-up exam questions, support from our Certified educators, in person exam, certificate and lapel pin (if you pass the examination).
At the end of the course there is an exam that consists of 2 wines, a 50 question multiple choice paper and a 4 question short answer exam. A minimum mark of 55% in each part is required to achieve a pass.
Students will need to register for their exams through Vitis House, and will be taken at a pre-determined date and time. Re-sit available upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com for prices and details.
WSET has a computer-based testing via remote invigilation (also known as remote proctoring or online exam) to enable you to take your exam.
Please review the video and Remote Invigilation Guide below thoroughly before confirming your exam date and time with us.
Read Remote Invigilation Guide Here
WSET Online Students Cancellations/Refunds
No changes or cancellations are allowed after registration is completed. If you have any question, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org