Embark on the beer journey!
Get ready to be certified in Beer from the comfort of your home. This new four-week online beer program will take a total of six hours to complete, plus study time. This level provides a great intro to the world of beer. Learning though sight, smell and taste, you’ll become familiar with a range of beer styles and how they are made. If you work with beer, you’ll be able to answer customer queries with confidence and provide helpful recommendations. If you’re learning for fun, you’ll feel inspired to explore new styles and know how to get the most out of every glass.
You will have access to your WSET student platform and interact with WSET educators, plus we will share quizzes and other materials to help you achieve your goals. Need additional support? Our fabulous team is always available to answer your questions.
Sharpen Your Beer Knowledge & Tasting Skills from Home!
Are you a beer lover? This exciting new Level 1 Award in Beer is a beginner-level certification for anyone interested in learning the basics about lagers, ales, sours, and more. Through a short and interactive course, you’ll grasp the foundations of beer production, styles, service, food pairing, and tasting.
Upon completion, you’ll earn a globally recognized qualification and acquire the knowledge to help you explore the world of beer in greater depth.
What You’ll Learn:
- The main ingredients required for brewing beer: malt and other sugar sources, water, hops, and yeast.
- Primary production methods in beer-making: malting and brewing.
- The principles of successful beer storage, service, and food pairing: This includes understanding beer storage and service, recognizing common beer faults, and exploring preferences, sensitivities, interactions, applications, and other considerations related to food and beer.
- Characteristics of various key beer styles:
– Malt-driven styles, such as American or international pale lager, Munich Helles, Blonde ale, Munich Dunkel, Brown ale, Porter, and stout, Barleywine.
– Hop-driven styles like Traditional Czech or German pilsner, Bitter, American pale ale, American IPA, Hazy IPA.
– Yeast-driven styles like Weissbier, Dubbel, Tripel, Saison, Witbier.
– Sour styles like Berliner weisse, Geuze (gueuze).
Sign up now for this four (4) week online program. It’s all you need to obtain this beginner-level certification!
This qualification requires a minimum of six hours of guided learning, including a 45-minute exam. It is a fully guided course, meaning there are no private study requirements, and the student is responsible for purchasing the beer samples.
For more information and comprehensive details on the course, please download the Specification Guide.
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification. The price includes WSET® Level 1 online access, classes, Vitis House mock-up exam questions, support from our educators, the exam, certificate, and a lapel pin (if you pass the examination).
Vitis House and WSET aim to assess all candidates in a manner that places them at no disadvantage or advantage compared to other candidates. If you have a reasonable adjustment request, please send us an email at least 45 calendar days before the course at email@example.com.
This level has a minimum requirement of six hours of study time. After finishing the program, the student will take a 45-minute exam. The test consists of 30 multiple choice questions and the student will need at least 70% to pass the exam. Exams will be available both online and in-person.
Re-sit available per request for $125.00