This fun and educational in-classroom class is ideal for people who enjoy wine but know very little about it. But the story doesn’t end here, we decided to rate it “R” to make it very unique. You will learn the basics about wine history, wine production and the main grape varietals, but the tasting will be a “rare “version of the style of the wine discussed during class. In other words, a basic level class with a tasting for adventurous wine lovers.
Chef Doreen Colondres always says that “one life is not enough to taste all the grapes in the world”, so why not take this opportunity to taste something new.
By taking this course, we guarantee you will have fun while learning about the fascinating wine world. During this 100 minute class, you will:
– Learn how to identify the most important grape varieties, their key countries and regions.
– Understand how to identify aromas, body, acidity, tannins and flavors in the wine.
– Become more confident about what is wine and why we should admire what is inside the bottle.
– Learn the basic factors influencing the wine and its cost.
– Learn how to read basic wine labels and understand some of their sometimes “confusing” terms.
– Clarify your doubts about how to buy and storage wine.
– Have fun learning about current wine trends.
In addition, Doreen will teach you how to pour, pair and cook with wine. You will be able to taste 6 “rare” wines and perhaps a few hors d’oeuvres to pair some of them.
There is no exam, so no pressure. Feel free to relax, ask as much as you want, laugh and enjoy!
*ALL CLASS SALES ARE FINAL. All food and non-food ingredients will be personal to you and your seating area and will be handled with gloves. We follow all safety requirements set by the CDC and the NC Government. If for any reason, VH needs to cancel or reschedule a class, we will give you a full refund.
Date: Multiple Dates Available
Start time: 06:30 p.m.
End time: 08:15 p.m.
Venue: The Loading Dock – (Free parking available but Uber/Lyft is recommended)
Directions: 1053 E Whitaker Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC 27604, USA
Vitis House Wine Classes Changes/Cancellations/Refunds
ALL CLASS SALES ARE FINAL. You can transfer your spot to someone else (at no cost). Please send us an email with the name of the person attending on your behalf.
Classes are subject to cancellation due to government safety measurements, severe weather conditions or low attendance. Check here for more details about our cancellation policies and safety guidelines or contact us at email@example.com