An interactive online course to help you start talking about spirits with confidence.
Are you ready to get certified from the comfort of your home? This course will take you five weeks. It is a six-module online program with educator support. The course will take about thirty hours in total to complete, plus study time. Participation in the course online activities is essential for this certification.
You will have access to your WSET student platform, where you can ask our educators, get answers, and engage with other spirit lovers. Do you need additional support? Vitis House certified educators are also available to answer your questions.
You pick the date when want to start! From anywhere you want!
Just enroll, then you’ll receive an email with everything you need to join the live webinar. Then start! Email us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll learn
- How to taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits ® (SAT)
- The techniques used during the four stages of spirits production: processing the raw material, alcoholic fermentation; distillation; and post-distillation operations.
- How techniques used during the four stages of production determine the style of a spirit
- How aromatized wines are made.
- How a balanced cocktail is made and examples in four notable cocktail families (the spirit-forward, the short sour, the highball, and the long sour)
- How local production traditions, coupled with local laws, are used to create different styles of spirits.
Access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study. Recommended tasting samples, that should be tasted during the program, are listed in the specifications. For more information and full details on the course, please download the Specification sheet.
There are no requirements for this qualification. Price includes the WSET® Level 2 Award in Spirits online access, study materials, class, support from Vitis House educators, exam at Vitis House or using Remote Invigilation, certificate, and lapel pin (if you pass the examination).
Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions. The exam for this course is only offered via Remote Invigilation. You can take the exam on a computer from your home and monitored via webcam, screen sharing technology and a secondary recording device (cell phone). Students will still need to register for their exams through Vitis House and will be taken at a pre-determined date and time. To schedule your exam (14 business days in advance) please contact us at email@example.com immediately after booking your program. Exams must be completed in the same calendar year.
WSET has a computer-based testing via remote invigilation (also known as remote proctoring or online exam) to enable you to take your exam.
Please review the video and Remote Invigilation Guide below thoroughly before confirming your exam date and time with us.
Read Remote Invigilation Guide Here
WSET Students Cancellations/Refunds
No changes or cancellations are allowed after registration is completed. If you have any questions, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org